Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Email from the Deep

Dear [fellow-mommy friend who I have not seen since May despite the fact that we live only 20 minutes apart by city bus, or "municipal chariot" as she once put it],

Argh. I just came back from 5 days in Arizona with the in-laws and am now off for 5-6 days to Virginia with the parents, after which I will be going to M's house in Connecticut for the holiday weekend. Holy shit. There's a wedding in VA, and then I tacked the AZ trip on right before so as to not have to take too much time off doula-ing, and then the there's the holiday weekend right after, and if I don't run to CT then, I won't be able to go ever ever again because I'm on call for the rest of the summer and that means the baby wouldn't be able to go swimming in the Lake with M's niece so you see I'm insane.

On the up side, today is the last day for me at school. A total anticlimax, but I don't even have the time to think about it. And forget writing about it. What is that you say? That I used to be a writer? Horseshit. I don't believe you. Couldn't be.

I am dying to get together. After the holiday weekend, OK? My schedule is still crazy after that with the store and doula crap, but at least school is out of the mix...

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Seems like every decision I make is completely foolhardy and ruinous. Oh god, did I really say that? ARGH!!!

Anyhoo, baby much bigger but not much more talkative. Says "JEWWWWW!" meaning Joe the dog. Insists that I clip Joe's leash on and takes Joe for walks around the house. For whatever bizarro reason, I couldn't organize myself to put trainer OR diaper on him last night, and he peed the bed twice. Once on himself, once on his papa. But not on me! Ha, it's the small victories, right?

Did you see the New Yorker piece on people writing about parenting? Hardly flattering to a (former?) mommy blogger such as myself, but true enough.

I have begun to get really into wrapping and am afraid that I have a wrap collection coming on. Just what our household needs. More redundant crap. Please borrow one some time so I can feel useful.

God I miss you!

Love, [increasingly befuddled Traveller]

No comments: