Friday, July 11, 2008

Clean Living and High Thinking

Yesterday, I wrote that I went to Starbucks and had lemonade and lemon pound cake. Turns out this was not the really the case; I had purchased a slice of lemon pound cake but not eaten it, instead just forgetting it in my tote bag. When I found it this morning, I was so happy that I almost cried, and I consumed it immediately with a pink lady apple as my second breakfast, my first having been rice and leftover Korean pancake.

Whenever my dad gets a good parking space or encounters any other such piece of good luck, he always says, "It's a reward for clean living and high thinking," then chuckles delightedly at his own joke. Clean living and high thinking, I thought this morning when the pound cake turned up like a present, clean living and high thinking.

No comments: