Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm Not Worried

Generally speaking, I am a fairly anxious person. I tend to turn things over and over in my mind, reaching a new disturbing conclusion every two minutes or so. I worry about whether or not we will be able to keep up with bills, whether the color of the baby carrier I just ordered is actually the color I want, whether people at my birthday brunch will be able to talk to each other comfortably if we are seated at a long table (which we inevitably will be given the layout of most restaurants in New York), whether I am a good teacher, whether I care if I am a good teacher, whether other people think I’m a good teacher, etc. However, there are some very common worries that I do not have, which is strange given my overall anxiety. I am not sure why these particular things don’t bother me, but the fact that they don’t is remarkable enough for me to record them here.

Things That I Don’t Worry About
1. Identity theft.
2. Wearing black with navy.
3. Wearing black with brown.
4. Wearing socks with sandals.
5. SIDS.
6. My baby being cold when inside the house.
7. My baby getting sick.
8. Baby pee on the rug (or anywhere else, really).
9. Putting away dishes that are still a little dirty even after going through the dishwasher.
10. My height.

1 comment:

pretty face said...

Sorry if I freaked you out with previous random comment, I think I'll be freaked out if I ever get a random comment from someone who I have never encountered before!

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this blog and was directed to it from stylediary, to which I am slightly addicted.