Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baby Days

My days at home with the baby are long, sweet, and vague. By late afternoon, various surfaces around the house boast strange collections of objects. Here is the coffee table at around 2PM, during the baby’s nap. In addition to my mid-afternoon snack, there’s my purse with a diaper doubler sticking out of it, some used tissue, one baby shoe, and a spool of thread. I ate about half of the piece of cake (leftover from lunch out yesterday) until I realized that it wasn’t particularly good. Also, of course, there’s the remote control. To my abiding shame, I was watching "10 Years Younger."


At three and a half months, the baby has begun to use his hands. Here he is helping me turn the pages. The book is Moshi Moshi Odenwa, a Japanese picture book my mother used to read to me when I was a little girl.

No comments: